Holistic evaluation of environmental impacts of the optimised installation
The expected result is the feasibility demonstration of the combination of physical-chemical technologies with the biological process and biological monitoring, for a new management of micropollutants. This should be demonstrated by results on the project’s semi-industrial prototype. The BIOTTOPE project should confirm the following results :
- Micropollutants removal > 50 % : estrogenic hormones removal of 90 - 100 %, pharmaceuticals removal of 50 - 100 %.
- To demonstrate the technical feasibility of the new operational parameters and combinations of treatment technologies without decrease COD and BOD5 removal (COD and BOD5 > 95 % removal is expected).
- Operational parameters for the biological reactor treating “micropollutants” : identification of the optimum range of HRT for micropollutants elimination, and identification of the optimum range of SRT for micropollutants elimination.
- To obtain a more detailed and reliable information concerning : design and planning, operation and maintenance, investments and operation costs.
- The obtaining of an effluent from the whole system free from pollutants causing a biological effect :
WWTP effluents having a level of risk from 0 to 2 are expected.